Thursday, January 13, 2011

Quick Holiday update

Our lives have been a bit hectic lately but we are loving it none the less!

We had a wonderful time in Utah the week before Christmas.  We celebrated Christmas early with The Olsen family.  We stayed up in Heber in a cabin that gave us all plenty of room to spread out.  Since The Olsen family is from California we were all looking forward to a "White Christmas" and we weren't disappointed!  It was beautiful!  The kids played in the snow and we did a little tubing up in Soldiers Hollow.
From the front of the cabin in Heber


Soldier Hollow tubing

We also were able to do a family photo while we were all together and I think they turned out really well!  A friend of mine came up and shot some pictures for us which was extremely nice of him to do.  We really appreciate it Zack!



The day we were all leaving we got a pretty good snow storm...Gary and Scott were out from 7:30am til 10:30am clearing the driveway so we could get the cars out.  We all made it out safely but the snow was beautiful!


Gary and I left Salt Lake City and flew down to Tucson, AZ where my brother Matt and Aubrey live.  We picked up my younger brother, Will's truck and drove it across the counrty to Florida.  I clearly wasn't in my right mind when I agreed to the cross country drive but we pushed through and made it to Florida on Dec 23rd (we left on Dec 21st). 


This was the only picture I took and it was in the beginning of the trip! Which might be why he is still smiling -
We had a great Christmas in Florida as well...Christmas Day, Nieces & Nephews, LOTS of good food and of course our Christmas night movie with a stop at Waffle House on the way back.  I really enjoy spending time with family!  Olsens and Heaths~

When we returned to New York from Christmas we had to get all our things packed in our apartment.  We decided to move all our stuff and myself back to Nashville temporarily instead of signing a new lease.  With Gary traveling so much with work we felt it would be a good move.  The downfall is we are apart...
                                                        Farewell our tiny New York apartment



Our apartment #10A5


We had 21+ boxes packed with all our stuff in it...

Our tiny kitchen
We had some great memories in New York and met some really great friend who will be missed BUT I'll see you guys again...I'm sure I will be back in New York City sometime!

So now I'm in Nashville staying with our friends Chris and Chantelle and Gary is back in New York...but in one week we will be heading to Ireland for a three week period!  I am fortunate to be able to go to Ireland with Gary while he works.  The weather might not be the best but I'll be in IRELAND!  Updates to follow!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Man, that picture of the snow does not do it justice! We got dumped on that morning of travel! Sounds like the trip across Texas was insane.

    Walt

    ReplyDelete