Thursday, July 26, 2012

Battery scare

Awhile back a friend posted on facebook about the dangers of batteries.  How children can consume them and the damage it can cause.  Especially if you don't know that they have swallowed the battery and the child is too small to communicate to you want happened.  I say this because I have a little reading light that Davis had gotten a hold of and I happen to look down and notice him putting something in his mouth.  I knew there wasn't any food on the floor so I bent down and pulled out a battery.  The back of the light had come off and he had put it in his mouth.  The panic that ran through me was the worst feeling!  Luckily I found all three batteries but, had I not noticed him put something in his mouth he could have swallowed it and I wouldn't have known what was wrong with him...I'm sure all you moms out there are superstars and wouldn't let your kid near something like that but I failed.  Thankfully I had the urge to look down at him and change the events that could have taken place.  I'm so glad I read the story and understood the huge danger my baby was in.  Thanks Kelsi.  Click to read the Story.


No comments:

Post a Comment