Thursday, November 7, 2013

Alabama Pit Stop

First off I have to say I really dislike road trips for a few reasons...1. It takes sooooo long to get to your destination and 2. Davis isn't the best road tripper.  So anytime Gary wants to "drive" somewhere I dread it!  Well we were headed to the beach (that post is coming next) for a fall break vacation and we had flights booked (because I DID NOT want to drive 13+ hours)...Well a few days before Gary convinces me (how I don't know) to save the flights for another time and to DRIVE down there.  He said we would break up the trip by stopping at Walt and Rachel's house.  So that's what we did...we stayed with them for a day (always short stops...) and Davis did not skip a beat with his cousins.  We also were able to meet our sweet new nephew Luke...he's so stinking cute!!  I don't think I got a pic of him though, shoot!  Anyway, in that short time, Gary helped Walt with some projects, me and Rachel were able to sneak out for a little girls lunch sans the kiddos (except for Luke- he was invited) and we hit up a park for the kids to play at.  It was a nice little visit...We will be back in a few short weeks to visit more during Thanksgiving!

Davis loves lawn equipment and wasn't happy Bart wanted to help him TOUCH the lawn mower (Davis and Bart because fast friends later on though)










 

No comments:

Post a Comment